Monday, August 7, 2017

Missing Topps Cards Part 5: Scott Pose AND A WARNING TO MR. ODDBALL

I have followed Scott Pose since 1992 when he was drafted by the Marlins in the Expansion Draft. In 1993, I got a card of Pose out of a pack of '93 Stadium Club and noticed that he stole a ton of bases. I figured he would steal 50 bases a year in the Majors if he ever got a shot. I don't know where I got it, but I ended up with a 1993 Upper Deck card of Pose with a gold Marlins 1st year logo on it. Pose didn't get much playing time with the Marlins, but he did end up hooking up with the Yankees in 1997. Unfortunately, he didn't end up on any of the Yankee championship clubs, but it did get his name out there, and he played with the Royals in 1999 and 2000 before finally retiring. 
Pose only got a 1993 Topps Traded card, so I made his '94, '98, '00, and '01 Topps cards to finish his career Topps run. I printed out the '98, '00, and '01 cards (somehow forgot the 1994 card) and mailed them to Scott in hopes that he would sign them and offered to send more if he wanted them. We'll see how that goes. I also mailed out some customs to Scott Sullivan, Dan Boone, and Juan Gonzalez and hope to hear back from them as well. Here are the Pose customs.







As most of you probably know, the previews of the 2018 Topps set came out, and to be honest, I think it looks like 2017 Bowman and a waterslide had a kid. Maybe they will look better once more come out, but I'm really starting to think that we are in for a crap fest this next decade unless something drastic happens. With that being said, I made a 2018 Topps custom of MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred and also sent it to him in hopes of getting the first 2018 Topps card signed. 

One final note, I know I'm not the only one this has happened to, but this douchebag known as Mr. Oddball on eBay has been taking my customs and selling them. I have seen my '84 Topps Orel Hershiser,  '86 Topps Mark McGwire, Barry Larkin, '88 Topps Ken Griffey, Jr., Craig Biggio, '90 Topps Mo Vaughn, '91 Topps Jeff Bagwell, Jim Thome, '93 Topps Stadium Club 1st Day Issue Derek Jeter, and '00 Topps Albert Pujols for sale on eBay, and that was just about 2 weeks ago when I checked, I'm sure there's more. This guy has taken customs from the late Bob LemkeJohn from Cards that Never WereWhen Topps had Balls, among other sites and basically claimed that they are his work, and made thousands of dollars with them. I am pissed. Not that I have room to talk since the photos I used aren't mine, but I'm pissed that this douche claimed that he made the cards, didn't get permission from me to use them, and that I took many hours to make them and he is making money off of my labor. To make things worse, he is taking customs from a deceased person. To be clear, THESE CUSTOMS THAT I MADE ARE NOT TO BE COPIED AND SOLD!!!!  MR. ODDBALL DID NOT CREATE ANY OF THE CUSTOMS SEEN ON THIS BLOG AND HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO SELL ANY OF THEM AND HE HAS NEVER ASKED ME TO USE THEM!
If you want to use the images for your personal collection, please e-mail me and ask. I will probably be more than happy to grant permission as long as they aren't used for profit or sold. If this keeps on happening, I may start putting watermarks right on the faces and names of customs that I think have the potential to be stolen. If you try to steal my customs, I'm gonna make them look like shit. Don't mess with me Mr. Oddball! You will be sorry and I will send your sorry ass to jail. I will sue you until you bleed and make your family feel it. You have been warned!

To all my readers who just visit to see the newest cards, I sincerely thank you!  All of the nice comments and encouragements (not only here, but on other sites as well) motivate me to keep doing these customs, and I wouldn't keep making these if not for the joy that others get from seeing them. I truly appreciate anyone who has just stopped by this site to do nothing but look at new cards. I feel honored each time I check my stats and just see that people have come by and looked at my stuff. Thanks for everything.
-Jeremy

1 comment:

  1. Scott Pose was also thrown out stealing a good many times, as he tended to run with fearlessness beyond his skill set. He was the Marlins Opening Day starter and played the first few games before manager Rene Lacheman saw something he did not like. He was bench and demoted in the blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete