Monday, March 20, 2017

1994 Topps # 832 Bryn Smith

It's been a little bit since I've posted a single card, so here is a 1994 Topps Bryn Smith. Bryn came up in 1981 for the Montreal Expos. He played with them through 1989, then went on to the St. Louis Cardinals from 1990-1992. His final season came in 1993 for the Colorado Rockies.

Bryn first appeared on a Topps card in 1982. It was a rookies subset card that he shared with Terry Francona and Brad Mills. He got his own Topps card in the 1983 set, and appeared in every set through the 1992 set. He also was in the 1990 Topps Traded set. He is now only missing a card from the 1993 Topps set to complete his career Topps run after I made his 1994 Topps sunset card.

I also wanted to show off my progress on a Brody Koerner rainbow of his 2016 Panini Elite Extra Edition card. If my research is correct, I have his base card #d/999, his Purple Aspirations card #d/200, his Red Status die-cut card #d/99, his Blue Aspirations card #d/75, and his Emerald Status die-cut card #d/49. I also got his Tie Dye Status die-cut autographed card #d/5 just because of the low serial number. I am trying to get all of his base parallel cards, but don't really care about the autographed ones. There is a Aspirations Tie Dye card I have my eye on, so if I get it, I will only be missing the Aspirations Gold 1/1 card, and his Status Black die-cut #d/99, Status Tie Dye die-cut #d/10, and his Status Gold die-cut 1/1 card. It might be tough to complete since 3 of the 4 cards that I don't have are either 1/1s or have only 10 cards produced, but I think if I search enough and get my want list out on enough sites that I can come close. I mentioned before that I am distantly related to Brody, and that I hope to see him later this year. If you have any tips on where I should be searching for my missing cards or if you know anyone who has opened '16 EEE and may have some one of the cards, please let me know.

I finished the 1996 Topps checklist and have worked on a few cards on the checklist in the last few days. Tonight I will hopefully be watching the Netherlands beat Puerto Rico in the WBC and be working on finishing all of the 1991 Topps Detroit Tigers so I can print them out and put them in my Tigers binder. Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment