Thursday, April 21, 2016

2001 Topps Yadier Molina/Chase Utley Draft Pick

Today's card is one of those cards that I kind of got to cherry-pick 2 good players and put them on the card. In 2001, Topps put 2 random players on draft pick cards, as they had since 1997. This practice (along with the fact that they didn't specify 'First Round Pick') will allow me to pair up some real superstars on customs draft cards from '97-'01.

Molina has been a fixture with the Cardinals for the last decade. Good enough to probably be inducted in the Cardinals Hall of Fame, and perhaps in MLBs if he puts up another 5-10 years of solid numbers. If he can get close to 2500 hits and wins a few more Gold Gloves, I think he could be a lock.

Utley has put up some good numbers in Philly until injuries hit him. After the cheap takeout slide he did in last years' playoffs, I lost a good deal of respect for him, but he had the best numbers out of the candidates I had, so I stuck him next to Molina on the card.

If you have any ideas for custom Draft Pick cards from the '97-'01 sets, or any other ideas for cards, feel free to let me know. Thanks for checking out my latest card.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment