Sunday, April 24, 2016

1993 Topps Bret Barberie

Today's card is a card from the 1993 Topps Marlins set. Bret Barberie got a card in the 1992 Topps set, and the '94 set, but was left off of the '93 one. I don't see why. He was a prospect, even played on the '88 USA Olympic team and got a card in the '88 Topps Traded set. He was selected in the Expansion Draft, and most of the selections got cards in the '93 Topps or '93 Topps Traded set. By the time the '93 Traded set would come out, Bret staked his name in Marlins history by getting their first ever hit, so there are tons of reasons why he should've got a card in the 1993 set, 

I'm going to try to give all of the players selected in the 1992 and 1997 Expansion Drafts cards, probably giving more priority to the Devil Rays, but I'll eventually get all of them done.

This will be the last post I do for a week or so. I'm either working or at doctor appointments the next few days, then I'm going on a cruise on Friday, so while I won't be posting, I'm going to be having a great time relaxing as long as I get through a few days of work. Thanks for checking out my latest post.

-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment