Wednesday, August 20, 2014

1967 Topps Mets Rookie Stars




This isn't the first 1967 Topps Nolan Ryan/Tom Seaver card, but I still thought I would add it, since I haven't seen anyone do one with a back to it. Mets 360 did a nice one that used Ryan's photo from his 1968 Topps card. The 1967 Seaver card that Topps made would probably be worth at least double what it is if Ryan had been on it. This card and the 1952 Topps Eddie Gaedel are probably the oldest cards I will do in my custom set for now. I was born in 1983, so mainly cards from the 1990's, 2000's, and 1980's respectively are cards that I know like the back of my hand. I have working checklists of the next 2 series of 25 cards, and they mostly consist of '80's, '90's and a few '00's cards of stars, but I do have a few cards of players who weren't superstars, and a few cards before 1980. For the 4th series, I plan to do a few lesser-known players, and maybe venture into more cards before 1980. I have a huge list of cards that never were from 1951 to the present that I made, and maybe someday I'll get around to posting them. If you are reading this and have any ideas for cards, feel free to let me know, and thanks for checking out my boring blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment