Sunday, April 30, 2023

2022 Prizm hanger pack

 We went to Target this afternoon and I was hoping to find either some 2023 Big League or 2023 Bowman packs. While neither of them were there, I did find a hanging pack of 2022 Prizm. It turns out that the Prizm pack would be a better choice for my collection. Let’s see what I got. 

I’ve really been liking these Donruss products because with all of the rookies and parallels, over 75% of the packs turn out to be cards that go in my special binders. Some of them have been closer to 95% if I get some Rays, Tigers, or favorite players. This one only had 4 cards out of 18 that are just regular cards going in team binders. The Franco parallel is a nice pull for me as a Rays fan. I’m hoping he wins an MVP during his career with Tampa as well as some World Series titles with them. The Nick Fortes card was a nice pull for me, but I didn’t know it at the time. The rest of the rookies are relatively common ones, but they still are fun to pull. Same with the parallels. I’m sure I can trade off the Rickey to a Hendu collector. 

Now the Fortes card made me wonder if he was good, so I googled him, and found out he was born in DeLand, FL, which is where I currently live. Turns out he went to DeLand High School. I had actually pulled a 2022 Topps and 2022 Heritage card of him without seeing that on the back. I’m pretty sure I’ll be collecting Fortes now. Kind of reminds me of when I pulled an autograph of Patrick Mazeika last year, a guy who went to college in DeLand at Stetson University (home of the Rangers newest injured pitcher). I actually need a deGrom autographed card, so hopefully the DeLand school autographed card luck will continue. 

I finished logging in Tigers through 1997 on TCDB the other night, so I’ll start with 1998s tomorrow after work. I just need to learn to slow down and look at the backs a little more carefully and perhaps I’ll find more DeLand guys to collect. 

Thanks for checking out my latest post. 
-Jeremy

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool to have an auto of a guy from your town, even if he doesn't end up becoming a big star. I don't think there are any players from any of the places I've lived, unless you count "New York City" where I lived when I was a small child.

    ReplyDelete