Wednesday, January 26, 2022

A card pickup

 I figured I would take a break from the music stuff for this post and give you guys what you (probably) want, some baseball cards. Like I’ve said before, I’m trying not to collect as much, and any packs I’ve got since July have went to Kylers collection. My aim is to just get the Topps complete set every year and casually collecting Rays, Tigers, and favorite players. 
One of those favorite players is Brody Koerner, a pitcher who debuted for the Yankees last year, getting into 2 games and striking out a hitter. Is it enough to land him a card in 2022 Topps Series 1?  I hope, but we’ll find out soon. 
I’ve been collecting Brody since he was in college at Clemson, and got to hang out with him and some of his and my wife’s relatives at a Dave & Busters in 2016. 
I had a cool time talking baseball with him and had hoped to see him play in the minors in 2017, but he got promoted to AA a few days before we had planned to see him in A ball at Daytona. Maybe I’ll get to see him in Spring Training or playing against one of the Florida MLB teams this year. 


I recently ordered the 4 minor league cards of Brody that I didn’t have to make my collection of his base cards up to date. I’m missing just the Aspirations 1/1 Gold card from ‘15 Elite Extra Edition to complete the base card rainbow. Aside from the various autograph parallels (including a 1/1 which was I believe was pulled shortly after it’s release), the only other cards are the 1/1 printing plates. I believe most of those cards are sitting in unopened boxes of the product. Well, I still have the majority of his cards, and hopefully will have a handful of new cards of his that I can get if he gets a 2022 Topps issue. For now, here are all of his cards in my collection. 

Perhaps I will see him at the wedding in a month or so. 
Thanks for checking out my latest post. 

4 comments:

  1. Cool story. I may hit the post office Friday with that set plus a few other things you can Kyler might enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool you're related to a MLB player.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there's a reason to collect, it would be for family! Glad to see you're posting from time to time, and I pray that your wife gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. I actually went to the game Koerner debuted, but we had to leave after the 7th so I couldn't see him. Also the debut of Luis Gil and Stephen Ridings.

    ReplyDelete