Saturday, March 16, 2024

Package from Night Owl

On Thursday,  I came home from work, and there was a nice package of cards from Greg of Night Owl Cards waiting for me. It was filled with Topps cards from his favorite Topps set (1975), one I am slowly inching to finishing (1985), one I am now 1 card from completing (1989), and had some Tigers in it as well. 
I’m getting close to having all of the 4 player rookies in the ‘75 Topps set, as I have the Carter and Rice rookies. The only big one I need is the Keith Hernandez rookie. I have just a handful of 1975 Topps cards, so anybody I can get in a trade, even a common, is appreciated. Greg sent me 6 Dodgers from the 1985 Topps set. After making a trade a few weeks ago where I obtained some 1984 and 1985 Topps cards, I’m pretty close to completing the Dodgers ‘85 Topps set. Greg mentioned in his note that he hoped he read my TCDB wantlist and that he didn’t send me any doubles, and I’m happy to report that I try to update my paper list, TCDB, and my Google Docs list whenever I get new Topps cards and that I didn’t get any dupes. The 1989 Topps cards got me just 1 card away from finishing the ‘89 Topps set (#196 Denny Walling). I’m hoping I can find it when I go to Legends Sports & Games on Friday while I’m in Grand Rapids. Not sure exactly what I’ll come back to Florida with, but I’m sure I’ll cross some needs off of my list. 
The Tigers were a nice addition to the package. I have the 2023 complete set, but all of the rookies will go in my rookie binder, and now I can put the dual card with both players. After all of the packs of ‘23 Chrome Update that I got, I figured I would’ve already had the Tyler Alexander, but it is actually new to me. I almost want to fast forward a few weeks because then there is a decent chance that all of my cards will be uploaded to TCDB, and at that point I can start putting cards into binders, including all of the ones from this package from Night Owl. Thanks, Greg, for the nice package and for looking at my wantlist and crossing off some needs. 

Thanks for checking out my latest post. 
-Jeremy

3 comments:

  1. Still mad I didn't find that Walling card. Best of luck getting it Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jeremy - i have that walling card set aside for you. send me an email gcrlAtcomcastDOTnet. i'll see if i can match some more cards from your lists.

    ReplyDelete