Friday, May 5, 2023

2004 Topps set needs

 The first of my 3 (hopefully) complete sets that I ordered from Goodwill Finds came in yesterday, and I've been logging the cards into TCDB just in case it wasn't a complete set. It turns out that maybe the set was from a Cubs fan because I was only missing 9 cards, 8 of them Cubs, and 1 Jeter. I was actually missing the base Jeter and a few other Cubbies, but I already had those in my collection. Here's the ones I am missing:

232 Kyle Farnsworth Cubs
272 Dusty Baker Manager Cubs
337 Bill Mueller/Manny Ramirez/Derek Jeter AL Batting Average Leaders Red Sox/Yankee$
368 Sammy Sosa Cubs
373 Derrek Lee Cubs
455 Ramon Martinez Cubs
457 Ryan Dempster Cubs
614 LaTroy Hawkins Cubs
707 Derrek Lee Gold Glove Winner Cubs

Shouldn't be too hard to find any of them. Might be able to find them at a shop or show. Not too bad of a deal for me with only 9 missing cards. I'll keep this list up and eventually get the cards sorted into teams with other cards needing to be put into binders. The last parts of my orders (possible complete 1991 and 1993 Topps sets) will be arriving on Monday. Good news is that I have a good amount of both of those sets (including the key cards like the '91 Chipper Jones Draft Pick and the '93 Jeter Draft Pick), so if I don't end up with a complete set with my cards and those, then maybe it wasn't meant to be.  

I'm still logging Tigers in, and am starting on the 2003 sets today. We'll see how far I get. 

Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

2 comments: