Sunday, January 3, 2021

Trade with the Diamond King

 Recently, Kevin from The Diamond King started a project with some of the first popular steroid guys. Basically a career Topps run, a relic or autographed card, and 4 pages of cool cards. Being the Topps guy that I am, I had a good number of cards that he needed, and I got them in the mail about a week ago. Yesterday evening I got what Kevin sent me.
All 9 cards are ones I needed, and they helped me come close to getting some 'rainbows' done, as you'll see in a second. First one is a 2000 Bowman Retro/Future Josh Hamilton. Next is a 2000 Stadium Club Chrome card, which would've been hot freshly pulled from a pack in '00. Next is a 2000 Topps Opening Day card. I never purchased any packs of Opening Day until 2001, so I barely have any 2000 Opening Day cards. The 2014 Elite Dominators Wil Myers is a cool card. I actually purchased an Adrian Beltre from the same set from COMC a few years ago because it looked so cool. The 2020 Yandy Diaz is an On Fire parallel. The Austin Meadows is a 2020 Chrome Prism-Fractor. Kevin sent me 2 Tigers, a 2014 Topps Torii Hunter All-Star, and a 2017 Donruss Press Proof Al Kaline. I've busted a decent amout of Donruss packs over the past 3-4 years, and I think I've only pulled 1 press proof and dozens of other parallels, so it's nice to see one of these. The last card is a cool 1992 Bowman Chipper Jones. 

As mentioned before, a few card got me close to completing some 'rainbows'. The 2000 Topps Opening Day Hamilton and 2000 Bowman Retro/Future Josh Hamilton cards that Kevin sent me were the 2 culprits. If I am correct, I am only missing the 2000 Topps Chrome Refractor, and I will complete all of the 2000 Topps Josh Hamilton cards using that design. As for the 2000 Bowman set, I still have a few left to have all of Hamilton's cards, including the base Gold,  Chrome, Chrome Refractor, Retro/Future Chrome, and an oversized Chrome card. 

Hopefully this will be the first of many trades during the 2021 year. I got an e-mail a few days ago saying that the cards I ordered from COMC in September or so are shipping, so perhaps I'll have those in hand in a few weeks instead of in March. I also ordered the last 8 cards I need to complete the 2020 Topps Update set from eBay, so I should have some fun cards to add to my binders soon. I'm hoping to also print out all of the 1998 Topps custom Rays that I've made so I can see the entire complete team set in it's entirety in my binders. I'd like to do it with the '99 set and the rest of the years, but for now, it will just be the '98 ones.  Maybe I'll do a post showing the cards in my binders. 

Thanks, Kevin, for the awesome trade!

Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy





1 comment:

  1. Ah, glad you liked them, hopefully I will find more to send soon!! I LOVED your package, such a huge help to my project!

    ReplyDelete