Saturday, September 26, 2020

‘93 Topps missing players are done and Stadium Club in the wild

Yesterday I was able to finish the last 40 or so cards to complete the 1993 Topps Traded missing player checklist. The whole finished set is posted on my 1993 Topps & Topps Traded page if you would like to view it.

Today, while I was at work, my wife went by Target, and I was kind of hoping that there would be cards on the shelves as I have read about some bloggers finding some lately. Sure enough, she was able to find a few packs and blasters of 2020 Stadium Club. She got a 40-card blaster, and I had my almost 4-year old son help me open the packs. 
For the most part, he was pretty gentle with the packs and cards, and he had fun naming the teams that were on the cards, even getting the Astros logo right on the Nolan Ryan card I pulled. I'm going to have to be on the lookout for some really cheap boxes of cards like '87 Topps or something that he can just rip into and look for teams in. Like me, he says his favorite teams are the Rays and Tigers. It's going to be a fun next few years doing baseball things with him.

As far as cool cards from the box, I pulled 2 Tigers, 2 Rays, 1 PC guy, and a few cool inserts/parallels.
For Tigers, I pulled a Miggy base and a Ty Cobb Red parallel. I pulled a base Charlie Morton, and a Red Randy Arozarena for my Rays, 2 players who I hope come up big in the postseason. I know not to get my hopes up like I did in 2008, but I like how Tampa is playing right now. Just hope they can be better than whoever they are playing in each series. The Yankees, Dodgers, and to a lesser extent, the Blue Jays and Padres scare me with how they could get hot. I just hope somehow that the Yankees get eliminated. If they can get their pitching to click, I don't see how anyone can beat them. The Rays have decent pitching, but it is inconsistent, and the bats can be at times. If Tampa can get through the AL, I think they match up well against basically anyone except for the Dodgers. With the Braves pitching staff being injured, I think Tampa could get past them. San Diego has the hitting, but I think the Rays pitching can stop them, and their bats can outlast San Diego's pitching. I think the can get past Philly, the Cubs, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Miami, the Mets, but I think the Dodgers just have better pitching and better hitting. I'll be ok with whoever wins, as long as it's not the Yankees, White Sox, Padres, or Cardinals. Night Owl is right. San Diego and thier fans are getting annoying. 
As far as the rest of the coll cards, I pulled a box topper of Sandy Koufax, a Power Zone Jeff Bagwell, an Emperors of the Zone Walker Buehler, a Bash & Burn Rickey, a Red In the Wings Juan Soto parallel, which was 1 in like 180 packs, an Orange parallel Barry Larkin, and a Black Michel Baez. It was a fun group of packs to open, and it was a nice change to actually have cards in the store again.

Now that my '93 Topps/Traded set is done, I have a few options as far as new sets to work on. I think I am going to go all out and work on the 1992 Topps Traded set, and do backs for it, just like I did with the main set. That may take me a while to finish, but perhaps, I could have that and the 1994 Traded set (only fronts) be my goal to finish by 2022. After the '94 Traded, I'll go ahead and finish the '98 Traded set, and then start at the beginning of the '90s with either the '90 or 91 set.

Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment