Friday, April 24, 2020

Trade with The Collector and cards from Rod

A couple of posts ago, I asked if anyone wanted to do some PWE trades. One of the first people to hit me up was Chris, author of The Collector. I had a few cards of guys he collects, and sent them over to him, and I recieved some guys I collect and some Rays. 

I am starting to get a good collection of Alex Cobb going now, and might have to start collecting. Between him and Richie Shaffer, I have amassed some really nice cards of 2 players I might not have considered collecting before. Just goes to show one of the many positive things about trading. The '18 Big League deGrom is new, and I love how it mentions on the back not only Chris Sale (a guy who went to my high school and a guy I collect), but also Stetson University, which is right across the street from my church. I think my favorite card is the '15 Topps Rainbow Steve Pearce (another guy who not only went to my high school, but was in my chemistry and drafting classes). 

I have been getting a lot of mail lately, doing a few larger trades, some PWE trades, and also claiming a few cards that Rod from Padrographs has been giving away. 
He had a few cards of the Rays and Tigers that piqued my interest. The '19 Nick Ciuffo Green Refractor is just a beautiful card, as is the '20 Donruss Tyler Glasnow. The Ziomek card is probably the penultimate Tigers guy I have if they were listed alphabetically, just behind Joel Zumaya. I was happy that the Riggans autograph was in his pile of giveaway cards. I saw him a few times in the minors and with the Rays, and had got his autograph a few times on different cards. When I sold a good portion of my autographs in 2013, all of my Riggans cards were included, so it's nice to get an autograph of him again. Much thanks to you, Rod, for all of the generocity and for all of the work you are doing with these giveaways.

Speaking of giveaways, I had one on my last post, and I still have 2 cards left, a 2010 Topps Chrome Mickey Mantle card, and a 2017 Topps Chrome Pink Refractor of Nelson Cruz. If you want either of those cards, leave me a comment or email. Also, whomever claimed the '18 Topps Gold Tanaka card, I need your address. If you could email it to me, I will have it in the mail asap.

Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got the cards and thanks for the trade! I was reluctant to part with the Pearce but you went to school with him so I wanted to send you at least one of his cards. I recalled seeing DeGrom on your wantlist and I thought I'd sent you the Strata relic for a Secret Santa gift a few years back but apparently that wasn't you? I must be getting forgetful in my old age, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty cool that you took chemistry and drafting with Pearce. If I had any professional athletes in my high school classes, I'd be building PC's around them too.

    ReplyDelete