Tuesday, July 19, 2016

1990 Topps Bob Brenly

Bob Brenly started his MLB career by being called up to the Giants in 1981. He stayed with them until the end of the 1988 season, when he was released. He signed with the Blue Jays (which I didn't know) for 1989, but was released by them in the middle of the season, and then came back to the Giants. I don't believe Topps made an '89 Traded card of Brenly, so it's probably impossible to find a photo of Bob in a Blue Jays uniform. Bob's last season was 1989 before going on to coaching. He coached with the Giants from 1992-1996, before becoming manager of the Arizona Diamondbacks from 2001-2004, winning the 2001 World Series with them.

He had Topps cards from 1982-1989, missing out on his sunset 1990 card, which I gave him. He is also missing cards from the 1993-1997 sets when he was a coach, as well as a card in the 2005 set as a manager. Pretty good for Topps with them only missing 1 card from his playing career. His 2005 card is also an understandable absence since Al Pedrique came in to replace him midseason.

I haven't had a day where I could sit down and work on customs in 2 weeks probably, and I probably won't have one for the next week, but I will still post new cards as I probably have 50 finished ones that haven't been posted.

Thanks for checking out this one.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment