Wednesday, November 11, 2015

1993 Topps Sid Bream NLCS Highlights

Topps last made postseason highlights cards in 1981. When they made them again, it was in 1997, just in time for the Bankee$ run of titles, so we really didn't get any worthwhile postseason highlights cards until 2002, a full 2 decades after Topps decided to call it quits on the subset. We missed out on a ton of great, collectible cards. I am trying to come up with some ways to incorporate these cards into Topps sets. Some of the designs are easier to work with than others, and some designs, like '96 for example, don't really give me much to work with, so I'm still clueless on what to do to the design in order to make it suitable for a highlight card. It's mainly a question of how to fit 'postseason highlights' and the playoff round and player name, but it's still challenging none the less.
I didn't have much trouble making this card. The bottom of the card gave me enough room for everything when I used a horizontal card. I was old enough to remember the postseason in 1992, but young enough (9) to where I didn't have my own TV so I only watched a few games when my parents weren't watching any of their shows, so I totally missed seeing this play live. I caught a few games of the World Series, including the final one. I remember staying up watching Dave Winfield hit a double in extra innings I believe, but must've fallen asleep after that because when I woke up, the news was on. There are so many postseason highlights cards that I could make from that era.....Topps really dropped the ball on those cards. 
I'll probably post more cards during the next few weeks. It might be slower because of the holidays, but I'm hoping I'll have some free time to make more cards and post them, if not in the next few weeks, then in the beginning of 2016.
Thanks for checking out my latest card.-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment