Monday, June 1, 2015

1995 Topps Dick Pole/Bobby Bonds




It's been a while since I've blogged last, but I am back with a new card for the Dick Pole Project.

Today's card is his 1995 Topps card. I chose to base it off of the All-Star subset from the '95 set (although I think for any Manager cards I make in that set will have the regular player design). I think it works pretty well. I have an idea to make his '96 card using the Prospects subset design and put 4 coaches on a card, but that one may not work, I will just have to wait and see.

In 1994, Pole's pitchers weren't as good as in 1993, but he had a Maris-like year from Matt Williams and a (at that time) career year from Barry Bonds on the offense, but the strike killed it all. I would look upset like Pole did if the team I was on had its season ruined by a strike too.

I would love to hear comments on this or any other cards, and ideas for more projects in my custsom set. Thanks for reading.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment