Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Shout out to some great custom makers!

I wanted to dedicate this post to some great custom card makers. Many of the blogs I follow, others, I have just stumbled upon recently, but I wanted to let anyone who reads my blog know about them in case they missed them.




Similar to my blog, John from http://cardsthatneverwere.blogspot.com does cards that never were, like this 1952 Bowman Hoyt Wilhelm. I love some of the cards that he has come up with, like a 1981 Fleer Minnie Minoso.




The Shablotnik Report does customs that I've enjoyed following. I found out about the site while doing a search for Jacob deGrom cards. Turns out that the daughter of one of my co-workers is going to Mr. deGrom's wedding in a few weeks. Small world. I'm going to try to pass along the link to the card, and maybe Jacob will get to see it.




I have to admit, when I first saw this Andrew McCutchen custom from The Writer's Journey, I thought I found a picture of a sample of 2015 Topps cards. It was that good. There are some custom card makers that could give Topps a real run for their money, and in my opinion, The Writer's Journey could put Topps out of business.


There are many other custom card blogs out there that I feel are doing a great job. Bob Lemke does some great cards that never were as well, and he also does the backs of them. He was nice enough to give me some pointers when I was just starting out.
Punk Rock Paint also does some great custom cards, and did a great series a few months ago based on the 'Choose your own Adventure' books. I hope you find some of these other blogs enjoyable.

-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment