Saturday, August 6, 2016

1999 Topps #489 Jerome Walton

Former NL Rookie of the Year Jerome Walton made his Major League debut in 1989 with the Cubs. He won the '89 Rookie of the Year award, but was unable to capture the magic of his rookie season thereafter. He stayed with the Cubbies through the end of the 1992 season, then played with the Angels in 1993. He played with the Reds in 1994 and 1995, got time with the Braves in 1996, the Orioles in 1997, and spent his final MLB season with the Rays in 1998.

Walton appeared on a few Topps cards during his Cubs time, getting into the '89 Traded set, and the regular sets in 1990-1992. After 1992, he appeared on a few random sets, but no Topps cards and no Rays cards from any major sets. He is missing cards in the 1993-199 Topps sets, with today's custom finishing his sunset card.

I haven't got to work on customs in a month it seems, and it will be a while till I have any free time. My wife and I are in the process of (hopefully) buying a house, so most free time I have will be spent packing, and we also have our first child coming in the end of November. I hope all the craziness will die down towards the end of the year, but we'll see what happens. Thanks for checking out my latest custom.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment